Friday, January 27, 2012

Remembering Snow

The snow has melted away.  Once again, the ground is brown.  So I'm sharing some snowy shots that I took the last couple weekends.


(Above.) Woodstock, VT.  This is the view from Charlie's condo.  Not too shabby, eh?  I love the long shadows falling across the hill.


This is also Vermont.  This little stream is right outside the ski resort Suicide Six.  As Mike drove around there were lots of beautiful little streams and such, but it's hard to get a good shot inside a car.  I was happy to be walking right past this scene.

(Below) Back home.  Last weekend we finally got some snow.  We did some shoveling, then we hit the slopes.

I had bought a toboggan at a summer tag sale, so I was happy to finally try it out.  It even has a padded seat!!!



And it's pretty quick too.

Magoo and Curly work on a ramp for the sleds to fly over.


Magoo has such long eyelashes that they often catch snowflakes falling down.


We let the boys stay out as long as they wanted.  It's such a wonky winter I didn't know how long the snow would last - and it was a good thing, too, because it didn't last long.  We got two days of sledding and by Wednesday it was gone.  Booooo.

Let's all do a Connecticut snow dance and bring it back!

Until then, hope you all have a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I am not a fan of this weather but I am trying to be at peace with it because there is absolutely nothing I can do. I do fear an extremely wet spring and summer and there goes my garden. Nice shots!