Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yarn Along: Sweater

It's Wednesday - so it's time to join Ginny's Yarn Along.


The sweater is coming along nicely.  Since my yarn isn't quite as thick as the yarn they suggested, I had to add a couple rows in before I tied off the arms.  Don't want the arms too high or too tight.  Fortunately I have a dress form in the basement which is basically my size - so I just whipped it on her and made some measurements.  I've worked through the decreases in the torso and now it's time to make some mild increases to create a bit of a bell shape before I do a seed stitch finish.  Then there are the sleeves and the cowl - so there's still a ways to go.  But I have to admit that I'm psyched for having gotten this far in a week!

The yarn I'm using is Nashua Handknits: Julia in color: Squash.  It's lovely.

I finished The Night Circus and I LOVED IT!  I did a review of it on Goodreads.  If you're a member of Goodreads I think you can view it here.  (I think.)  If not, let's just say, if you like magic, romance, mystery, and you're alright with time jumps - you'll probably like The Night Circus.

Right now I am reading Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Prince.  I'm literally not even through the first chapter yet, so I can't say much one way or another.  But I loved the first in the series: Clockwork Angel.

I've also been delving into abstract art, so I've been checking out Painting Abstract by Rolina van Vliet.  I should sit down and read it, but what I usually do is look through the pictures, get a tip or two, and start painting.

Happy Wednesday everyone!  (Oh, I tried to add a Yarn Along button but Blogger wasn't being cooperative.  I'll try again later when I'm not trying to feed a boy breakfast and usher him off to school.)

7 comments:

Angela said...

The sweater looks great! Hey I would love to see your abstract work; it sounds very interesting.

Julie_c said...

It's on the next post down.

pinkundine said...

Lots of progress in a week, great job :) Love the colour and the sweater looks like a really good shape :)

Mary said...

Your sweater is coming along nicely... thanks for sharing the pictures and the book referrals.

small + friendly said...

Great work, I'm dying for my turn at the library for the night circus.

Kelly de Vries said...

The sweater fit looks great! I'm always afraid to do things that should have "shape!"

Novelty Ties said...

The sweater is so cute and the design is so unique. Perfect for winter.