Thursday, February 16, 2012

Penguin Softie


When I saw the cutie little penguins on the PurlBee site, I really wanted to make one.  And lucky for me, my niece's third birthday is in March!

I'm still waiting to hear back from both the art director and editor of book #3, so it's the perfect time to do a little crafting.  So, yesterday, I headed down to the fabric store, got my supplies, and got crackin'!

It probably only took about 90-120 minutes to make this little guy [who's about 9" tall, btw].  So I'm going to make a slightly taller companion for him today.

The pattern is great and they have a ton of step-by-step photos.  The only thing I did differently is I filled the feet with rice instead of polyfil to make them a little heavier to help him stand.

You can find the pattern here.

In other news:

I frogged my honey cowl.  I realized that I had an unintentional twist in the thing.  D'oh!   But I'm happy that I've reached a point in my knitting practice where I don't feel defeated if I have to rip something out.  I still have the yarn.  I still have the needle.  I'll just take a short break and start it up again.

I've seen a few of the films on the Oscar roster: Albert Nobbs, Tinker Tailer ..., The Artist, and The Help.  Moneyball is on my Netflix queue so I don't think I'll see that before the big night.  But I'm hoping to get out to see The Descendants on Saturday while Magoo is at Inventions Camp.  Maybe I can take Magoo to see HUGO over the break?

Out of the ones I've seen Albert Nobbs was my favorite.  But it wasn't a WOW movie for me.  Honestly, probably my next WOW movie will be The Hunger Games!!!




No comments: