Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yarn Along: Still Whispering


It's sloooooow going on the Whisper Cardigan, but it's going.  I'm past the half-way point on the back and am hoping to finish the other sleeve by this time next week.

I'm realistic about this project.  I might not be done until May.  But I will complete it - oh yes - I will!
And it will be awesome!

(Using Whisper Cardigan pattern off Ravelry and Tosh Lace yarn in Nebula.)

I'm not reading anything thrilling right now.  Instead, I'll share my thoughts on book-turned-movie The Hunger Games.

If you've read the book and loved it - yes, go see this movie.  They did a very nice job with it.  I thought they handled the kid-on-kid violence perfectly.  It's there.  It's powerful.  But it's not overly graphic.  OMG the tension in this movie!  I knew what was going to happen and I was churning in my seat, urging the characters to run or whatnot.

I also thought they did a nice job with some of the quieter moments.  (I don't want to say what they are in case someone hasn't read it/seen it yet.)  Let me just say it was nice to have some calmer moments, some regret/sadness/whatever mixed in with the action.

Yanno, when you take a book and squish it into 2 hours, some stuff is going to get cut.  It just is.  One thing I missed was the antagonistic back-and-forth of the Katniss-Haymitch relationship.  If you read the book, you'll know what I mean.  It's in the movie, but only briefly.  There just isn't time to let them bicker for too long.

I thought it was great.  Jennifer Lawrence made a FABULOUS Katniss Everdeen.  Kudos all around.  But, there's a LOT of handheld camera work, so if you are prone to motion sickness, sit in the BACK of the theater.

Otherwise get your butts to a movie theater and may the odds be ever in your favor.

(Joining Ginny's Yarn Along.)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow you are that far on your cardigan already?! Awesomeness. Can't wait to see it!

Amy @ A Faithful Journey said...

Loving that cardigan!!

And I want to see the movie so bad. Hoping my sister and I get a chance to go this weekend!

small + friendly said...

I love that color! I totally missed the whole Hunger Games thing, where have I been? Glad you liked it, I'll have to check it out. I suppose I should read the books first.

Andria said...

I really liked reading your thoughts on the Hunger Games. My husband and I both really liked the books and have been debating whether or not to see the movie. Thanks!