Friday, March 9, 2012

Sisters In Crime Reading


Do you love mystery fiction?  Do you love hearing authors read their own mystery fiction?

Well, if you are in the West Hartford, CT area on Sunday afternoon, I have a treat for you!

The New England Chapter of Sisters in Crime, an organization which supports female crime and mystery writers, will be reading at the Noah Webster Library, 20 South Main Street in West Hartford on Sunday, March 11 at 2 pm.  Free to the public!

Ten Sisters in Crime members will read from their current works in progress or soon-to-be released books.  The reading will feature:
Patti Brooks, Liz Gordon, Rosemary Harris, Rhonda Lane, Karen Laugel,
Steve Liskow, Susan Santangelo, Carole Shmurak, Mary-Ann Tirone Smith, and
Anne-Marie Sutton.

Liz Gordon is the pen name of my mother-in-law and I am PSYCHED to finally get to hear her read.  She's won awards for her stories through contests and the like, but always flies out to San Francisco or such to read and I've never been able to attend.  I'm going to be the eager beaver sitting in the front row!

Each author is reading for 5 minutes and then, my understanding is, they will take questions from the group.

If you're around, come check it out!



3 comments:

Äiti said...

I had no idea! Have fun and love the image!

Susan Gurry said...

Love crime mysteries! Also, after following your blog for so long (and Shirley), I finally started my own sewing/crafty blog....about my 'beginning' to sew and make things....and also to practice my writing....

http://sewingmylifetogether.wordpress.com/

Angela said...

Oh that is awesome! I had no idea "Liz" wrote!!