Friday, May 11, 2012

Magoo Paints: Spring Landscape


On Thursday, the children were asked to make pictures or write letters to their teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week.  Magoo decided to paint a watercolor landscape.


We worked from a tutorial in The Watercolor Painting Book by Wendon Blake, which is a great old book that I got from the book barn that has a lot of nice step-by-step watercolor tutorials in it.

Magoo was able to do everything except some dry brush technique for the leaves.  Then he got rather upset that it wasn't working out.  So we took a little break and switched the technique to an easier splotchy-dot approach. (That's not a technical term. ;)

I think he really liked working with the fan brush to make the grass, though!  (Top photo.)

He did a fantastic job and I'm super proud of him.  He has a very nice, natural handle on watercolors.

Have a great weekend everyone, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the wonderful, hard-working mothers out there!  I have lunch with a friend, a pedicure, and a massage all in my immediate future.  I'm one happy Momma!


3 comments:

musing manatee said...

He's got some of his mom's artistic flair for sure! What a beautiful painting.

Angela said...

Oh it's wonderful! What an artist!

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much. I think he's pretty awesome too.