Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mugs by Magoo



I'm not Oprah, but I do have some favorite things, and one of them is ceramic markers.  See, it's Teacher Appreciation week this week.  In the past I have made canvas bags for the teachers, but this year one of Magoo's team is a repeat, so she already has a bag. 

Then I thought back to the ceramic mug painting I did with the boys for Sunday Morning Art Class, and I thought Art by Magoo Mugs would be so cute!  And they are!!!

The mascot for Magoo's school is an owl, so he did one mug in an owl theme.  Having a limited number of colors - red being one of them - I suggested an apple theme as well.

We used Pebeo Porcelaine markers, which I bought from Michaels.  If you're not happy with the design, you can wash it off.  But when you are happy, let the paint dry for 24 hours.  Then bake at 150 for 35 minutes.  Done!  The paint is baked on and these mugs can go in the microwave and the dishwasher.

I filled them with tea and chocolates and the teachers should be getting them right .....now!  (I hope they like them.)



2 comments:

former teacher G. S. said...

The cups are adorable. I would have loved a gift like this!

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much!