Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yarn Along: Goodale Cardigan



It's Wednesday, and I've started a new project!  So I thought I'd join the gang at Ginny's Yarn Along.

First, the project.  What you see here is about halfway through the yoke of the Goodale Cardigan available on Ravelry.   When I chose this cardigan, I scanned through all the other knitters projects and was drawn to the red cardis.  Since I'd just done the Whisper Cardigan in the blue/greens of Nebula, I thought I'd go with a good strong ruby color for this one.  It's a little heavier weight, too, so it'll be a good sweater for fall.

Now, the book.  I just finished Stolen by Lucy Christopher.  Stolen is about a 16-yr-old British girl, Gemma, who is drugged and abducted while traveling with her parents abroad.  She is taken deep into the outback by a 26-yr-old Australian man who had been watching her for 6 years.  The book is written as a letter from Gemma to this man.  It's pretty darn good!  I don't want to give anything away, but I will say it's a real page turner as the tensions run very high and Gemma is constantly assessing her situation and her captor.  I tore through it in less than 24 hours.  LOVED it!

Happy knitting everyone!

2 comments:

Heather aka Proud Mama said...

That sounds like a great book (although a bit creepy!) Love that deep red. I seem to knit a lot of blue and green, but I love adding a punch of red.

Angela said...

I absolutely love that color. You will look great in it.