Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yarn Along: Goodale Cardigan


I'm plugging away on my Goodale Cardigan - plug, plug, plug.  I'm almost done with the yoke and MAN am I glad.  Those front fold overs and going around the shoulders makes for a very looooong row.  But so far so good.  The pattern is on Ravelry here.

I'm reading A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD by Jennifer Egan.  Interesting.  It's more like short stories about people in each others social circles than a straight-through narrative.  I think it's all supposed to tie together in the end.  I dunno.  It's entertaining enough but I'm not completely hooked yet.

I'm also reading I AM A GENIUS OF UNSPEAKABLE EVIL AND I WANT TO BE YOUR CLASS PRESIDENT by Josh Lieb with my 9-yr-old son.  That one is hilarious!

Today is drizzly and my eyes are begging for a nice,long nap - and it's only 8:00 am!!!  I think I need caffine!

(Joining Ginny at Yarn Along.)

6 comments:

amanda {the habit of being} said...

that cardigan will be beautiful and so worth all the long rows ;-)

and your son's book sounds hilarious...might have to find that at the library for my kids!

Julie_c said...

Thanks Amanda!
My son is 9 but the character in the book is twelve or thirteen, so it can work for middle grade kids as well.

Rachel Proffitt said...

I admit, I am not a fan of the long, endless rows. It is possibly why my cardigan is still on the needles LOL
But yours is looking lovely!

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

I love your cardigan! I really want to make one for myself sometime... good work!

Andee said...

I love your cardigan and thanks for sharing the Ravelry link.

Angela said...

That cardigan looks very pretty; love the color!