Monday, July 2, 2012

Art Class: Hand Dyed Paper


One day done!  And it was a success!

I don't mind confessing that having been out of the classroom for about 10 year, I was a little nervous to have a room full of 4 and 5-yr -olds where I was in charge.  But, apart from the fact that my throat is a little dry, it went really, really well.

The wee ones came in and I had some paper and markers set up so that they could free draw.  One little girl was clutching her mother's neck for dear life and I thought, Uh oh.  This is going to be my challenging one.  But you know what?  As soon as Mom ,left that girl was like a mean of sunshine.  So bubbly!  So cute!

After a little get-to-know-you game in a circle, we did our art project:  hand dyed papers.


 This was a very successful little project and it didn't take long at all.  (In fact, I was banking on it taking longer.)


One the squares were dry, we mounted them on lovely paper with leaves and twigs in it.  (It was nature week after all.)

And when that was all done and we had 10 minutes left, I pulled out the water soluble ink pads and we had fun making thumbprint people and animals ala Ed Emberley.


The kids all did a great job and Magoo did a fabulous job helping out, but I think he found it more taxing than fun (tell me about it) so tomorrow we might have to pack the Nintendo DS so he can scurry off and decompress.

No comments: