Friday, July 6, 2012

Art Class: Week 1 Complete


Today was the end of the first session of my morning art class.  I have to say, I'm going to miss some of those little sweeties.  Four days is not long enough.  I would have loved to have these same kids for the whole three weeks, then - I think - some of them would have really blossomed.  That said, when I went in Monday morning, I really didn't know what to expect as far as artistic ability goes.  But they impressed me.  Most were pretty skilled.  There was one little girl who would have rather danced around the room and eaten snack, but the rest of them really seemed into it.

 Here's a glimpse of some of the projects they did.

Kandinsky leaf collage.



Pointillism Trees.


Sumi-e Bamboo.

Next week I have a whole new batch of kiddos and a new theme: animals.  I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Angela said...

How cool is that?! They are lucky to have you teaching them! On another note, yes, we need to discuss getting some lunch. :)