Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cityscape with Clouds






I'm trying to do a bunch of tiny abstract paintings to get back into the swing of things.  Some (most) are kind of cruddy - but that's OK.  That's part of the process and really I'm just playing and trying all kinds of different things.

But this one started taking an interesting shape and before I knew it, it started looking like a city to me.  So I played up on it.

I added the clouds to the sky, then I thought they looked like blimbs, but now I'm back to clouds.  (You can call them blimps if you want.)   But now I'm kinda loving the idea of a sky full of blimps so I might have to do another one.

In other news:  I went out and bought a USB cable mic yesterday and was able to record my voice over into the stop-motion book trailer via Garbageband.  So that works much better.  I'm even making a little "making of a book trailer" movie, so I'll show that to you when it's done.  I'll probably try to keep the book trailer under wraps until March.  Oh, I'll show you guys.  But I won't put it on Facebook until closer to the book opening.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: