Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of School: Fourth Grade


Ack!  It's the first day of school!  It was super sunny out so Magoo needed to sport some shades to get the annual "first day of school" pic on the front steps.  I put it next to the one from Kindergarten to compare.  (Look how cute!!!)

As we walked along, I explained the story in the song, The Devil Went Down to Georgia, because it had just been referenced on a TV show we had watched.  Then I noticed his feet.  MAGOO WAS WEARING FLIP-FLOPS.  Flip-flops are not allowed.  No no.

Now I thought to myself, Self, I'm sure they'll let it slide today.  No biggie.  But then I remembered Magoo has gym class.  No flip-flops in gym class.  So we hurried home, changed shoes, and then drove back to school.

We were a tad on the late side, but since it was the morning ceremony, we only missed a little bit of welcoming and line standing.  We found Magoo's classroom, popped him in line, then I stood back to take countless pictures of him while he wasn't looking.

Here he is with his new teacher, Mrs. Sinatro.  They are Sunglasses Twins.
 

As the classes went into the school, one by one, I snapped this shot of Magoo waiting.  If he's anything like me, he is equally excited and nervous.  There's a lot of energy in a little body on the first day of school.  A lot to take in.  A lot to process.


And then he was off to start Fourth Grade. (Check out those huge sunflowers.  Gorgeous!)


Another year has begun!  We have been so lucky at this school.  Year after year he has had wonderful teachers who really help him blossom.  He has worked on math and writing all summer and is quite a good reader when he finds a book he connects with.  I think he's going to have a great year.

I'll be very excited to hear all about his day, but what he'll probably say to me is "It went fine."


No comments: