Sunday, August 5, 2012

Gone Fishin'


Forgive me.  I've been away on vacation and I'm not big on announcing such things because it's kinda like, "Hey, come rob my house!"

But I'm back now and ready to share.

Magoo, Mike, and I did a whirlwind tour of relatives in Michigan and Ohio.  The first stop was in Michigan at Magoo's grandfather's house and the highlight for Magoo was definitely fishing.

Before he started, I gave him a little talk about how fishing is a sport of patience, how you might not catch a fish right away and not to be discouraged.  Magoo walked out onto the dock and dipped his corn-bated hook into the water and seconds later whipped it up into the air.

I was just about to scold Magoo about being careful with a fish hook when I realized he had already caught his first fish.


I kid you not, it took seconds.


Well, that did it.  Magoo was hooked!  He LOVED fishing.  And he caught three more fish that afternoon and two more the following day.



Looks like we got a natural born fisherman here. 

1 comment:

Angela said...

The fish whisperer-luring them to his line. Elijah loves fishing too. When we were in KS. He caught a few. You can guess how many his louder sibling caught.