Friday, August 31, 2012

Zombie Week: Contest Winner

With a whopping 18 correct zombies, the winner is ELSPETH!!!  WOO HOO - you're a zombie-naming maniac!


Here's the image with zombie names:


And I'll name them here from top to bottom:

Rat of Hamelin
Piped Piper of Hamelin
Shirley Temple
Peter Dinklage  - no one got this correct and I never thought they would.  In retrospect, maybe I should have put him in character as Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones.  He's sort of the wild card of the bunch.
David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust
Dana Scully and Fox Mulder from X-Files
Marilyn Monroe
Javier Bardem from No Country For Old Men.  Remember him?  He was the scary dude that called everyone "Friendo."  Elspeth guessed that this was Prof. Severus Snape from Harry Potter and I can totally see where she got that.  He has that annoyed sneer thing going.  So, good guess!
Shakespeare
Michael Jackson from his Thriller video
Michael Phelps.  Elspeth guess Ryan Locte b/c of the gold medals.  I feel kinda bad about that b/c Phelps does have a lot more medals, but I couldn't put them all it.  All that gold would have crushed the other zombies!!!
Vincent Van Gogh
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Captain Hammer from Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.  Two people got that one correct.  I was tickled pink!
Edgar Allen Poe and ...
The Raven
Frida Kahlo
Ed Grimely Jr. (a Martin Short character from Saturday Night Live)
Jackie Kennedy Onasis
Jeff Spiccoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  This is also a toughie.  I thought about having him say "Aloha, Mr. Hand!"  but that would be too big of a clue. 
And, finally, Elvis.

Thanks to everyone who played.  It was a lot of fun for me to ready your guesses.  And thanks to all who gave me a shout out of support.  I really appreciate it.

For those of you who are local, this piece will be in the gallery show at Open Studio Hartford, Nov.10 & 11, in Hartford CT.

And Congratulations again to ELSPETH!  I'll contact you via email to talk about your prize!

Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments: