Monday, August 27, 2012

Zombie Week: Zombie Mona Lisa

Mona Zombie           2012             j. c. phillipps

I hadn't originally planned on doing a series of zombie art.  Then I thought if people liked 23 Zombie Pile-Up in the gallery and came upstairs to my space, they might be disappointed not to see any undead art.  So I decided to do a series of four paintings - zombies in famous art.  And I started with the most obvious, Mona Zombie.

These pieces are small.  Each is only about 5" X 7", so they will be affordable, because the people who want to buy original zombie art probably don't want to pay a lot of money for it.  I actually have no idea what kind of person buys original zombie art.  Where would one put this painting?  The bathroom?  I truly don't know.  But I do think the cards will sell because I would buy zombie note cards - for sure.

In other news: Something occurred to me re: the zombie contest.  If Jack writes 10 zombies in his comment, will Jill see those names and use some?  I don't know!  So, if you'd prefer to keep your entry secret, feel free to email your zombie guesses to me at julie_c@rocketmail.com.

I'm going to add this little bit into the rules.

More zombies tomorrow!

No comments: