Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Illustration Friday: Crooked


Hi there.

The theme for Illustration Friday this week is CROOKED.

At first I thought I'd do a marching band with a crazy, crooked tuba or something.  Then my mind shifted to a drawing I did as a child that featured a hill.  I like hills.  They break up the space in an interesting way. 

One thing lead to another and I got to a conservatory on a hill.  At first I thought I'd put a bunch of cars on the crooked road - I guess I thought there should be people.  But then I thought it could be more about the one person inside, gazing up at the stars.

I tried watercolor this time.  I wanted to shake things up.  I like it, but I don't love it.

Still, it's good to try new things.

2 comments:

Tony LaRocca said...

It's a tangled and difficult road to get to look at the stars!

Cindy D. said...

It's lovely! I really like the vibrant color.