Monday, September 10, 2012

Illustration Friday: Imagination


The topic for this week's Illustration Friday is Imagination.  That's pretty wide open, right.  I was even contemplating wussing out and pulling out an old illo that fit the theme.  But the whole point in me doing this is to help generate pieces for Open Studio Weekend so I have to make new stuff.  Right? 

Right.

So I started brainstorming ideas.  Sketching.  And I eventually came to the flying fish which are perfect because they are simple shapes and I can have fun with the color.  Also, the repetition of the same creature bonds the piece - rather than a bunch of different creatures which might make the whole thing too dang crazy.

It's simple.  It's sweet.  I think it would go nicely on a child's wall.  I'm pleased.

4 comments:

Cindy D. said...

I love the little fish-birds! So cute and colorful! Very nice illustration for the topic, and so glad you did something new! (I usually skip over them when folks post older pieces - or old blog posts. Of course it's allowed and everything but I really think the point is new pieces!)

IllaT said...

your illustration immediately catched my eye on IF's wall... good job, really! :)

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much. You both are so kind.
And you're right Cindy - if the theme doesn't inspire new work - what's the point?!

Joyeeta Neogi said...

Lovely illustration....great take on the theme with cute fish birds!!!