Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Writing Distractions


I write in the morning.

Well, my goal is to write in the morning.

Actually, I'm usually pretty good.  I've been actively working on a text using the Plot Whisperer Workbook by Martha Alderson and it's been going well.

But for some reason today I was so distracted.  First I saw something on the internet which I needed to "pin" which got me on Pinterest, which is always dangerous.  Then I found a site that featured actresses' weight, which was kinda sickly fascinating to me.  Then I sculpted Mr. Eraserhead (above) out of my art gum eraser.

At which point I thought it was funny and should blog about it.

Happily, after getting all this nonsense out of my system, I did finish my goal writing exercise today.  So, woo-hoo!  Mr. Eraserhead smiles for a reason!

Hope you're being more productive than I.

2 comments:

Tony LaRocca said...

It's horribly easy to be distracted from writing. I've heard of programs that temporarily disable the internet, but so what? I can always turn it back on again.

Julie_c said...

Normally I'm not too bad. I generally have a goal for the day and try to get it done first thing. But some days...