Monday, October 1, 2012

Illustration Friday: Book


The topic this week for Illustration Friday is BOOK.

I have to admit, I was pretty psyched when I saw it.  I'd been wanting to do a group of people/something reading books, but I hadn't gotten around to it. 

I needed a prod and I got one.

I decided to go with monkeys because WHY NOT?!   I considered going with crazy multi-colored monkeys, but then I thought I'd keep their palette somewhat realistic and let the colors come from the books.  I also wanted to keep the tree very background and minimal, so all you get there are some branches and leaves.

The most fun was cutting up the collages for the book titles.  I think my favorites are:
The Astonishing Chicken and Library Cowboy.

Happy Monday, everyone!



10 comments:

Carol said...

Love this; so very cute and clever!
Really excellent interpretation of the theme!

emila yusof said...

This is so cute! Very fun and interesting take on this week's topic :)

Angela said...

Love it and their little faces. You are brilliant at this.

Cindy D. said...

Love the cutouts! So cute how the little one has an ABC book. Nicely done!

Hannah Tuohy said...

So cute! I love the expression of surprise on the gray monkey's face!

Tony LaRocca said...

At least they'll stay out of trouble that way!

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much, everyone!

karumina said...

ja ja ja , is so sweet!
i love it!

Alicia Gorecki said...

I love the shallow depth of your collage, little cast shadows from the cut paper, beautiful! the expressions have a wonderful range as do the book titles. Nice!

Diandra Mae said...

This is so great! I love well done cut paper pieces. I did a group reading books earlier in the week as well, and it was quite the challenge mixing up the position of each reader.