Thursday, October 25, 2012

Illustration Friday: Sky

Orange Blimps           2012             J. C. Phillipps

The topic for Illustration Friday this week is SKY.  I am cheating a little bit because this is a watercolor I did for my upcoming art show entitled, Orange Blimps.  I'm sneaking it in here because I haven't shown it on the blog and because I think it fits the sky theme. 

I would LOVE to be working on more things simply for Illustration Friday, but I have been SO BUSY.  Getting ready for the art show, working on stories for my agent, exploring new illustration styles, and a new secret endeavor that may or may not go forward.  (I'll let you know if it does.)

In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy Orange Blimps. (Partly inspired by the alternate universe in FRINGE.)

3 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Lovely painting style and cool blimps!

Tony LaRocca said...

We're living in the future, how come we don't have these yet? Great job! :)

Hannah Tuohy said...

Beautiful!