Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Late 70's Fashion by ME!

I was digging through my old files this morning, when I came across some artwork I remember vividly from my childhood. (I'm dating this late 1970's b/c I was probably around 8 or 9 when I made it.)  THE GREENWOOD CATALOG!


Do you remember the JCPenny catalogs that came in the mail?  I LOVED those.  So I decided to make my own.  I called the store GREENWOOD and filled it with all the wonderful things a fashionable lady might need.  Like party dresses...



I love how I have a little detail photo showing what the top dress looks like under the capelet.  Oh yes, I knew my catalog layouts well.

I love this pose...

It's so very casual and fun-loving!  Hey, we're just hanging out in our matching red wool long johns.
That poor guy looks like he has some serious crotch problems.

What's that you say?  You want something for your nights at the disco?  Well, you're in luck.  I happen to have a page of Disco Outfits just for you...


And to prove that I was the girliest girl in Girltown, I even included a page of dresses for Queens and Princesses - because you know the royals love to shop at GREENWOODS!



Hey Julie, do you have a bathing suit that's inappropriately sexy and a tad racist?  Why, yes I do!


"This bathing suit will make the braves come a running!"

When I first saw this page I thought it was a costume (because I did have costume pages as well) but nope - this sexy little number deserved a full spread with a couple of extra models.  Must be a designer suit!

I certainly had a good laugh flipping through the pages.  I hope you did too.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my, you are too funny. I love the poses and the prices!

mh said...

Completely awesome. I remember drawing princesses but never with the great narratives you did!