Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yarn Along: Honey Cowl


It's Wednesday and I've finished a knitting project so I'm joining the gang at Ginny's Yarn Along.

This is called the Honey Cowl.  The pattern is available on Ravelry.  I knit it was Tosh DK in Moss and I love it.

The pattern was PERFECTO for sitting and knitting and watching TV or chatting.  Easy to learn.  No counting.  Fabulous.  The yarn is very drapey and soft.  I made the long version so I could wrap it around twice.  So far, I think this is my favorite cowl.  Love it.
 

Currently I am reading The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.  I'm a big Stiefvater fan.  (She writes Young Adult and did the popular Shiver Series and The Scorpio Races.)  I will admit that it took me a little while to get into The Raven Boys.  I've counted 4 shifting Point-of-views so far, and I'm finding, more and more, that the more POVs one adds to the pot, the harder it is for me to get invested int eh characters.  But I'm in the thick of it now and it's really quite good, if you like mystical themes and souls walk corpse roads and things like that.  I do!

Happy Wednesday!

14 comments:

musing manatee said...

I've noticed this pattern before. I love cowls. The color looks great on you and you look fantastic!

karen said...

Love the mad tosh yarn that you chose, that would match my wardrobe :) You look lovely in it :)

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much. The power of bright sunlight does marvels for washing out wrinkles! :)

meghann said...

Oh, that cowl is gorgeous! I think I will have to bookmark that pattern. I love cowls... xo

purplepear said...

LOve the cowl. I've been promising myself one for a couple of years now as scarves always get in my way when I'm working. I also will be bookmarking this one for next winter.

Angela said...

Your cowl is beautiful! Great color, and it looks great on you!

W-S Wanderings said...

Beautiful. You and the cowl. Thanks to your inspiration, I've added the cowl to my Ravelry library. Yay! Thank you.

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much everyone. I'm glad so many people are adding the cowl to their lists - I think I might have to make another one too!

Kathy said...

What a pretty cowl! I admit that at first, I wasn't sure I'd wear a cowl or be interested in knitting one but the more of them I see, the more I think I must have one. Yours is gorgeous. Beautiful work - glad I stopped by from the Yarn Along.

Mackenzie {WhiletheWaterBoils} said...

I love that pattern! It's in my rav queue too, but I'm making myself finish my current projects before I start anything new! Visiting through the link up. :)

Tony LaRocca said...

I have many friends who are knittaholics. You model very well too! :)

Julie_c said...

Thanks Tony.

Knitters Notebook said...

Beautiful Cowl!!! Love the yarn choice too!!

~~Renee

Angela said...

I love the Honey Cowl-maybe that can be an easy Xmas project since my time is so jacked up lately. Love the color you used too!