Monday, November 5, 2012

NinjaWoman Clip Art Studio is NOW OPEN

Hi everyone!

Remember that secret project I mentioned a couple weeks ago?  Well, the secret was that I was planning on opening an Etsy shop with clip art.  And I did!  NinjaWoman Clip Art Studio is up and running.


It all started when my friend Heather, who is a 5th grade teacher with her own excellent blog, The Wild Rumpus, told me about clip art and how teachers were buying this stuff left and right to make their own flyers and games and whatnot.  And apparently people who are big into scrap-booking also buy a lot of clip art.

I'd tried an Etsy shop before and I found it rather annoying to have to take a ton of photographs of whatever I was selling and write all these clever descriptions and then, if someone bought it, you had to package it up and get it to the post office.  Too much hassle for me. 

But I thought, Well, with clip art, you just send it via email, so no post office.

And, since I'm only doing clip art, most of my product descriptions are the same. I don't have to write a new description for each item, just a few sentences  These are birds, these are kid... yadda yadda.  That's do-able.


I did my research and figured out how to make a transparent background on a PNG file and how to gather the images into a .zip file and all that good stuff that required patience and chocolate.  But now that I have it, it's a much smoother process.


So I have three collections up now and my goal is to put a new collection up each week until I have about 12 - 15.  Then I'll settle down and see if this is a worthy endeavor.

If you're into clip art, check it out.  Or if you know someone, give them a heads up, won't you?!

In other news:  1 week until Open Studio Hartford.  Today's goal: make sure all the wall art is frames and wired.

Also, since it's November and all the writers go crazy with NaNoWriMo and whatnot my group is also participating.  (NaNoWriMo is when you write an entire novel in the month of November, for those who do not know.  There is also a picture book version  PiBoIdMo: Picture Book Idea Month.)
I'm doing the latter, so each day I take about 30 minutes and try to flesh out the basics of a picture book idea.

What can I say?  It's a busy month.  But we have heat and power and cable and internet, so all is well.

Happy Monday!

No comments: