Sunday, November 11, 2012

Open Studio Hartford: Update


It's Sunday morning.  One day down.  One day to go.  Some years it's a very slow Saturday and then Sunday is great, but I'm happy to report that I had a very good Saturday.  The sun was out.  It was nice but not too nice.  And the place was hopping.


(Below)  See that big crane painting.  That was the second thing that sold.  Yanno, when you sell the big painting right away, you can just relax and have a good time.


The collages have been selling pretty well.  I sold two zombies (American Gothic Zombie & Zombie Descending a Staircase.)  I am very happy to welcome the zombies back into my house so it's alright with me if I don't sell the other two.

 I sold the collage with the red cat that was inspired by Magoo's poem from third grade.  He was pretty psyched about that.

But the abstracts are not attracting much attention from this crowd.  It was a gamble, and some of them, I can say I think are quite good.  But I'm not surprised that Open Studio audience isn't really going for them.  And that's OK.  I used really nice bamboo frames for them so I'm totally going to use those next year for something else.


This is my friend Stefanie posing, pointing a the red cat collage for Magoo's benefit.  It was the only shot I had where you could see more of the hallway.


I'm hoping to be able to get out a little more myself and explore the other floors.  There's really a lot going on this year but the artist's have a little more space, so it's not as crowded as last year, I feel.

It's tons o' fun.  $5 parking at the train station.  We're open from 11 - 5pm today.  Come on out if you're in the Hartford area.

Artspace
555 Asylum Ave.
Hartford CT


1 comment:

Natalie Dias Lorenzi said...

I so wish I could have been there! You are amazing, Julie.