Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Turkey Barn Photographs


There's a stretch of road I go down whenever I go to Simsbury.  I always pass by this big field with a run down brick barn.  I always, always wish I had my camera so that I could take some pictures of it.

Well, it was very misty on Sunday and the barn looked really, really cool.  I had my camera for the author visit, so on my way home, I decided I'd stop and be a good little photographer.

The shot above is taken from the car.  I didn't have any cars behind me, so I was crawling along the country road with my window down and my camera out.  Then I pulled over into the driveway of the 4H farm and got out to get a couple shots.


Check out that rafter of turkeys!

I played with some of my color filters, making the top photo a little cooler and the bottom photo a little warmer.


Then I had to pull in further to the 4H farm to turn the car around and I came across this scene.


Doesn't it look ominous?  Like, if you go to buy a tree a zombie will eat your brains!

That actually would be kind of funny, if zombies set traps.  It's be like this Far Side cartoon:


Anyway, when the opportunity hits, I've been trying to take more artistic photos.  And since I have another art show this summer, I think I'll paint some of the barns.

In other news: I saw a really cool movie last night THE CABIN IN THE WOODS.  It's billed as a horror movie but I'd say it's only 25% horror.  Most of it is a kind of awesome, layered, meta narrative on the horror movie formula.  It's by Joss Whedon, so if you liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, or Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog, I think you'll really want to see this.  I loved it!  

No comments: