Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard 2013

I got up this morning and there was snow up against the windows.  Yowza!  It certainly did come down overnight!

The good news, of course, is that we did not lose power.  (knock on wood.)  So it may take us the day to get the roads and sidewalks clear, it is quite lovely and I think I'll get a pot of chili going to fill out house with warm, savory smells.

Here's some visuals.


(Above)  The railing on the front steps just leads into a sea of snow.
(Below) You can see my car a.k.a snow-mobile (har-har) off to the right of the shot.


(TIME LAPSE)

I went out for an hour and shoveled.  Whoo-doggie!  It really is amazing how much snow fell in one day.  I had to shove open the front door enough to squeeze out.  I started shoveling from the step!

(Below.)  Here's my path out to the sidewalk.


Here's a shot of the house - pre-roof rake.  (After Mike raked the roof, I had to re-shovel back to the house, but whattyagonnado.  Gotta rake that roof!)


And here's out lovely, diving neighbor David, plowing out our sidewalk and the front of our driveway (and saving us old folks a lot of back pain.)  THANKS DAVID!


The job is not done - not by a long shot.  But I thought it best to take a break and get my chili on.

Despite the fact that this is a big job - it's also really beautiful.  I love New England on days like this.  The people who live here seem to rise to the challenge.  And I find it fun to get outside and chat with the neighbors, breath fresh air, and feel useful.  It's a good way to start the day.

But now, it's cocoa time!


1 comment:

Angela said...

It is snowy as all get out, but since it IS winter in New England, I prefer this.