Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Collection of Tea Cups

Collection of Tea Cups       March  2013         J. C. Phillipps


I found out recently that I had agreed to do an art show in June.  At the time that I had agreed to this, I didn't have a 2013 calendar yet, so the whole thing slipped my mind.  Oops.  I'd better get painting.

I love Pinterest.  I see so many things that inspire me there.  One of the things I see that I love is collections, or studies, of things.  I've seen matchbooks and plants and groupings of animals.  I've seen stylized and realistic.   So I'm jumping on the bandwagon, people!

I've started with tea cups.

Another great thing about Pinterest is that I can type in "tea cups" and all these wonderful photographs of teacups pop up.  Everything above was inspired by a real tea cup (although I usually tweaked the design to suit my needs.)

I'm thinking of doing collections of: socks, pajamas, sheep, butterflies, chairs, hat and anything else I can think of.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.


4 comments:

musing manatee said...

Keys...pens...fonts...shells...feathers...symbols...

Julie_c said...

Ooo - great suggestions! Thanks!

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Julie!
What about books, cats, trees, flowers, owls, birds... what remind me that I found your blog because of your lovely sumie drawings.
Thanks for posting.

Lucia

Julie_c said...

Cats! Of course I should do cats! Not only do I love cats but they sell!
Art + marketing = cats!