Saturday, March 23, 2013

Collection of Sushi

Collection of Sushi            March 2013            J. C. Phillipps

A few days ago, it occurred to me that I only had about 2 months to create a frame and entire show for my Newintgon Library show in June.

Oops.  That's not a lot of time.  I need to get my paint on!

I had some time yesterday, so I added another piece to my COLLECTIONS collection.  A Collection of Sushi.

***

Today I am off to The Eric Carle Museum for a program on converting picture books into lessons for the classroom.  This should be good for helping me create teachers guides and maybe work on author visit programs that appeal to the Common Core Standards.  At least that's what I'm hoping to get out of it.

We shall see.

And even if that doesn't pan out, The Eric Carle Museum is a LOVELY place to spend the day.

2 comments:

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Julie!
Thanks for posting!
As an eater of sushi since my childhood I tell you that your drawings of sushi are beautiful and yummy!!
Congratulations!!

Angela said...

Love your collections. They look tasty. I am working on some series myself too! Oh Lord June is kind of close.