Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fairy Tale Drawings

Inspired by the eggs I did for Easter, I thought it might be fun to do some one-color drawings.
Since I started with red, doing a Little Red Riding Hood drawing was a no brainer.



Then I thought, Perhaps it would be nice to do a pair?


After I finished the second one, it occurred to me that since both of my summer shows were in libraries, that doing a series of fairy tale drawings might be just the ticket!  But I wasn't sure if I should continue in red or use other colors as well.

Magoo voted for other colors. 

I did two Three Bears drawings in blue.


My plan is to buy white frames and match the mat colors with the ink colors.  I think that will look way swank.  And I plan to do a couple Frog Prince green ones and maybe some Three Little Pigs.  Would I have to go pink for those?  I dunno.  I'll figure it out when I get there.  One drawing at a time.


3 comments:

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Julie, thanks for posting!
Your Little Red scenes are very funny, I liked the Bad Wolf hiding in the trees.
Beautiful drawings, Magoo is right, it is better making them in different colors. Children like variety better.
Congratulations!
I hope you can post Prince Frog and The three little pigs after you finished.

The Wild Rumpus said...


I love these!

Angela said...

Those are fabulous!