Sunday, April 21, 2013

Flats

Flats              April 2013                J. C. Phillipps


Every since I did a collage of a friend's house a few years ago, I've been slowly coming around to doing more collage architecture. 

I've always liked architecture, but I wouldn't say it has ever been a passion of mine.  But when you think of it, the clean lines of a building are not dissimilar to the clean likes of a cut piece of paper.

What can be challenging are windows.  When I did my friends house, it was a large piece, so I cut the frames and slats and everything.  This is a small 8X10" collage, so I cheated on the windows.  I used a sharpie on white paper. 

My greatest achievement here, in my opinion, is the little stamper I made out of foam and a domino to create the tiled roof textures.  It's so cute and I love the texture of a stamp. 

Wishing you a lovely Spring Sunday!

2 comments:

Angela said...

loveliness-reminds me of England and Boston (of course).

nfl jersey said...

:D fun!