Friday, June 28, 2013

From Messy to Clean (with the help of garbage)

The other day, I was driving down the street when I saw a large organizer.  I don't know what to call it exactly, but picture your elementary school classroom, and picture a set of shelves designed for students papers.  Abby had one.  Bobby had one.  And at the end of the day the kids would go to their "shelves" and pull out the papers and take them home.  THAT's what I saw!

So I said to myself, Hey Julie, that looks like the kind of thing you could use.

Then I replied.  Sure, but do I have any place to put it?

So First-me said, Who cares!?  Just grab it and figure that out later, Dork!  (First-me is a little mouthy.)

So I turned the car around, parked it, and shoved the organizer into my back seat.  As I was doing this, a man pulled up and said, "You must be a teacher.  I was going to grab that for my wife."

Because I am from the midwest I said, "Oh, do you want it?"  (My inner voice saying, Shut up, Julie.  Finders keepers.)  But the nice man said no.  So I brought my new garbage treasure home and sure enough, I found a place for it.


Now all the papers here:

 
Have gone into here:


And I have a nice clean desk...


 ...for now.

In other news:
The heat has died down but it is still humid.  I never want to clean my house when it is humid.
I never want to clean it when it is not humid, but I still do.  But the house is pretty bad now.  Every room is littered with crud and most of that crud sticks to the bottom of my feet because it is so humid.
Grrrr humidity!

I am taking Magoo to the movies today to escape the humidity.  Yay Monsters University!