Sunday, June 9, 2013

Magoo Paints a Fish Spiral


I found out recently that one of the teachers at Magoo's school was retiring.  This is a teacher who has been very sweet and helpful to Magoo over the years, so I didn't want her to get away without letting her know how much we appreciated her.

Stealing an idea from Pinterest, Magoo painted a lovely batch of fish swimming in a spiral.  (He's using watercolors, then pen & ink.)

Here's the finished product.



I think it came out great, and it looks pretty good framed, too.  (Now I kinda don't want to give it away.)



This was such a great little project, I might have to work it into my schedule when I teach the pre-schoolers art at the West Hartford Art League this summer.  And you can do it too with your own little ones - or big ones - as the case may be.   Simply paint an oval with a tail.  Paint a few more with different colors.  Let them all dry.  Get a black markers and draw faces and scales.  Done!



1 comment:

kathy said...

This is absolutely darling! He just may well become an artist too!!!