Saturday, June 1, 2013

New Endeavor: Litwits' Log



One of the things one does not consider when dreaming of a writing career is marketing.  If marketing was my passion, I would go into marketing.  Right?

But unless one is super famous - which I am not - one must try to market one's books.

Long story short: On the advice of a marketing book, I started a newsletter.  I didn't feel I had enough to say on my own, so I invited my crit group to join me.

I think this is going to be great because we're all kind of "experts" in different fields.  For example, I write, but I'm also an illustrator.  Joan is also an agent.  Kip knows all the ins-and-outs of contests and conferences.  And Natalie is a teacher/librarian so she knows what's cooking in the school scene.

 We're the LitWits, so we're calling it the LitWits' Log.

We're aiming for a quarterly newsletter that talks about any of our upcoming projects (because, uh, marketing) but we'll also give our readers some practical tips in the kidlit world and recommend some books that we enjoyed.  So it won't be all ME ME ME.  It's a little bit me, and a little bit you.

Lots of visuals.  Lots of links.  Low word count.  It's like a buffet of kidlit info.

So if you want to check it out, fill out the little box below.  It's only a quarterly newsletter, so we won't bother you too much.  And it's super easy to unsubscribe. 





1 comment:

Lucia Sasaki said...

Thanks for posting, Juliw!
I wish you a big success in your new endeavor!