Thursday, June 13, 2013

Town Fair Getting Fairer


We have discovered the secret to enjoying the rides at the town fair - bring a friend for your child.  When you bring a friend for your child, you don't have to ride the rides at all!  This is good because my husband and I are now old enough that the rides are less thrilling, more barf-enducing. 


Also, the rides are incredibly over-priced.    If we had to ride the rides, we'd be spending that money on ourselves.  But when a friend comes with his mom, all the parents can spend money on their little angels and not have to use tickets to ride rides we don't want to ride.  Win, win.


Now, I may sound negative about town fairs.  Couldn't be further from the truth!  I look forward to the fair every year.  Our town really does a nice one and the weather was perfecto.  But I don't want to ride the Tilt-o-Whirl or the swings anymore.  I want to take pictures of them, preferably from the shade.

I don't want to waste $4 so I can ride a sack, slowly, down a long slide for 15 seconds.  I'd rather spend $6 so my son can win a giant inflatable alien, which he later named Mr. Pickles.


Then, the boys went home with Mike while my friend, Heather, and I got to stroll leisurely through the art fair.  Ahhhhhhh.

It was a lovely fair!

1 comment:

Susan Gurry said...

So true...and this is also true of vacations, weekends away, and so forth. SO TRUE that when my girls were little, we bought a minivan just so wherever we went, each child could bring a friend! (The minivan seated 6: mom, dad, EC and M., plus two friends).

And it also meant the adults could actually have a conversation!