Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DELICIOUS gluten-free, sugar-free PUMPKIN CAROB CHIP MUFFINS






It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe online.  Quite frankly, I just forgot about it.  But I was trolling around Pinterest and I came upon some food and I thought Hey Julie, you just made some yummy muffins.  Why don't you share?  Besides there might be some other people out there with scads of dietary restraints just like you.*

So share I will.

Gluten-free, Sugar-free PUMPKIN CAROB CHIP MUFFINS
makes 12 muffins

Dry Ingredients**:
1 1/2 cup GF flour mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Wet Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1/4 cup canned coconut milk  (We use reduced fat milk from Trader Joe's)
1/4 cup safflower oil
2/3 cup honey

Carob Chips  (If you must go sugar free, make sure you check the ingredients here.  We use Chatfields Carob Chips.)

You'll need two big bowls.

Here we go.

Preheat oven to 350.
Line muffin tin with 12 regular sized muffin cups.
In one bowl, mix dry ingredients.
In a second bowl, mix wet ingredients.
Pour wet into dry.  Mix.  Fold in carob chips.  (I never say an amount.  Use the amount that makes you happy.)
Bake 22 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool in tin for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.

Enjoy!

These muffins are very moist and flavorful.  You won't miss the sugar or gluten one little bit!

* To be clear, it is not I who has the dietary restrictions.  It is my son and husband.  But I can't have dairy, so I'm fun at a restaurant, too.

** I don't use xantham gum in this recipe.  I find that if the muffins are fully cooked, they hold together just fine without it.  Fear not!





3 comments:

musing manatee said...

These sound yummy and I love the photo :-)

Julie_c said...

Thanks!

Chad said...

Awesome!