Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Day of Fifth Grade


Here we are.  Like many people, it's back to school time.  Summer is very busy for me because I have to balance work with Magoo's social schedule, so I'm usually pretty psyched to send him back to school. 

This year, however, is bittersweet.
This is the final year of elementary school.

I take a shot of Magoo on the front steps every day on the first day of school.  Here he is from Kindergarten to Fifth Grade.  (You'll probably have to click the image to get the larger view.)


I think he's excited, but also nervous.   It's not a huge change.  He knows all the kids.  He's been going to that school since he was three so he knows the building inside and out.  But it's a new teacher.  New fifth grade rules and responsibilities.  New work load.

He allowed me one final smile before he went in and started his day.


Now that I'm back home, I can't wait to go pick him up and hear all about it.  But honestly, I'll ask him how his day was, and all he'll say is, "Good."

But I'll pry it out of him.  :)

Have a great day everyone!


No comments: