Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Illustration Friday: Horse Costume

Horse Costume          2013            j. c. phillipps

As the season progresses, I have to start thinking about Open Studio Hartford in November.  It's been a watercolor heavy year for me, but I know that my kids' room collages always sell well so I've been thinking for awhile about what I wanted to do this year.

The short answer is:  Kids in Costume.

The long answer has to do with a variety of illustrators and picture books and this illo from Sophie Blackall's Missed Connections.


Inspired by the man in a bear costume and a young friend who loves horses, my first in this series is a boy in a horse costume.  It also happened to fit in nicely with this week's theme for Illustration Friday, which is HYBRID.

Happy Tuesday!




5 comments:

Leandra Wallace said...

Very nice! I like his boots. =)

josh pincus is crying said...

very cool!

Becky Shillington said...

This is great, Julie! SO creative!

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much, everyone. I think I'm going to add some little toy horses in the grass.

N Rego said...

Thank you for passing by!! Brilliant watercolors!