Thursday, August 22, 2013

Magoo Presents: PAPER CLIP COMMANDOS

Every summer, I have Magoo write a story.  He's got a fabulous imagination but finds writing a chore.  So I try to help him, teach him, and push him - and he always produces something really cool that he's proud off.  (That's not to say that there isn't a bit of head-butting along the way, because there totally is.)

In years past, I have helped him with plot and typing.  This year, the goal was I would not help with the writing at all, only edit and critique his copies so he would get used to the revision process.  Also, I would not type.  He probably went through 7 - 8 drafts and typed everything himself.

Without further ado, enjoy PAPER CLIP COMMANDOS.







In years past, Magoo has drawn the illustrations and I have scanned them into the computer.  But I figured since this was a learning experience, I would teach him how to use Photoshop.  I sat next to him most of the time and gave him tips and taught him how to use certain tools.  But (with the exception of the cover) he did all the illustrations himself.


If you'd like to see some of his other work through the years, check out:
Grizzly Bear and Squirrel
The Cat's Escape
and
The Penny.

Happy Thursday!



1 comment:

kathy said...

This is so impressive! Magoo is totally awesome!!!!! Props to him!