Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vacation Painting

While on vacation, I wanted to play with my watercolors.  I always like the idea of the little travel paint set and the little block of watercolor paints, but I don't whip them out at home.  Vacation is the perfect opportunity to shake up the routine.


These are small paintings: 8" X 6" - but the perfect size to work up a few quick landscapes while away.



I actually just put them up in an art show at the Simsbury Library this morning.  It was a whim.  I had all my paintings ready to go and then I thought What the heck - I'll include the vacation paintings.  So here they are, all framed up and hung.



If you're in the Simsbury, CT area and want to check out my show that I'm doing with my friend and fellow artist, Angela Shenk, the work will be up all month at the Simsbury Public Library.

I also want to remind people in the NW CT area that tomorrow night there's going to be an excellent book signing event at the Hotchkiss Library of Sharon.  Here's the link.  TONS of fabulous authors will be there signing books.  I mean, seriously, Newbury award-winning Rebecca Stead, is going to be there.  (I hope I have time to snag her new one Liar & Spy.)

If you have little ones, you can come to the early kids event from 4:30-5:30, otherwise the whole gang will be there at 6:00pm.

Hope you can join us!  I'm excited!

ALSO..

Don't forget to enter my 1000th Post Giveaway!  I'm giving away books, art, jewelry, and cards!  Click here and leave a comment.

No comments: