Friday, October 4, 2013

Poolside Sweater and Photo Technology


Hello Blog Peeps!

Some of you know that I knit, but I haven't posted any knitting lately and that's because it took a very long time to finish this sweater.

You know those people who knit a sweater in a week.  That's not me.  I'm sloooooow.  I'm the Sloth of Knitting!  But it's cool.  It's a leisure activity for me, something I do when I chat with my friend Heather on the weekends (who also knits and got me knitting.)  Sometimes I pick up the needles if I'm watching a show on TV that does not requite my full attention.  But I'm not a crazy dedicated knitting machine and this pattern had some lace work in it, so I was extra slow.

But it's done.

If you knit, it's called the POOLSIDE SWEATER and the details can be found here on my Ravelry page.

But I also want to share with you what I went through to get this photo.

I have three cameras.  My iPod.  My compact Canon PowerShot.  And my larger Sony Cyber Shot with the fancy lens.

Whenever I model my knitwear, I like to take the photos myself so I don't feel like a loser posing for someone else.  I love a self-timer.  Well, my Canon used to have a self-timer but I could not find this feature on my new camera.  Now, it could just be that I took a stupid pill that day, but for the most part, I am not stupid and I knew what I was looking for.  I just couldn't find it on that camera.

I pulled out my Sony, but it needed batteries.

All that was lest was the iPod.  As luck would have it, I already had an iPod adaptable mount for my tripod.  Check it out.  But I needed a self-timer app.  I uploaded AUTOCAMERA.  Autocamera is awesome for two reasons:  one, you can adjust the time you need to get into position, and two, you can program it to take up to 10 shots while you're posing away.

Apart from cutting my head off the shots (which I'm cool with b/c it's about the sweater) the app, iPod, and iPod holder all did great.  Shot accomplished!

In other news:

I had a great Picture Book 101 Presentation in the lovely town of Litchfield, CT on Wednesday.  Thanks so much to the folks at the Oliver Wolcott Library for having me out!  Thanks to my GPS system for getting me home on the dark country roads (even though you took me some wonky way.)

Magoo has picked a Halloween costume!  He's going as Roadkill!

Me: Here's a cool picture of a squirrel costume.  Do you want to be a squirrel?
Magoo:  Yeah - we can put crosses on it's eyes like it's dead!

Okay.  Roadkill it is.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

musing manatee said...

Roadkill...that's hilarious :-)

And lovely sweater!