Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Open Studio Hartford is Almost Here!


Hi all.  (Above) This is my elevator sign for Open Studio Hartford.*  If you've been there in the last few years, I'm in the same space, third floor hallway by the back stairs.  If you are in the Hartford Area and love HUGE art shows, find the * below.

Last week I pulled out my stock, took inventory, yanked a few of my "lesser items" from frames and even painted a couple new smaller paintings.  It's crunch time, but I'm in good shape.


*Open Studio Hartford is an event that takes place in several buildings and galleries in Hartford.  It will be Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 16 & 17th from 11 am - 5 pm each day.  The main building is the Artspace Building at 555 Asylum Ave, Hartford.  It's four floors of artist studios, many of which will be open to the public on those days (and there's usually snacks in there!)  Artists who don't live there, like myself, rent wall space for the weekend. 

There's all kinds of art from huge paintings to jewelry, knitting to sculpture.  It's a great place to buy art for the walls of gifts for your loved ones.

Parking for $5 at the bus station across the street.

For more info, click here.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!


No comments: