Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gingerbread House Construction


I love a good gingerbread house!  I don't think I ever made any in my own childhood, but I really enjoy watching Magoo make them now.

One year, I was very bold and made my own design from homemade GF graham crackers, so Magoo could actually eat it, but I've resigned myself to the tradtion of making the houses and not eating them because A.) it's much, much easier  B.) Who has the time? and C.)  Who has the waistline?  Well, Magoo does, but you know I'd be munching on it too.


So, every year that I can manage to snag a box, we make a lovely Trader Joe's Gingerbread House.


In other news, it's a SNOW-TASTIC wonderland today.  So many schools in the area are closed, but not hardy West Hartford!  I'm thrilled that I have no other responsibilities than dropping Magoo off at school (mission: accomplished) and then picking him up.  I am also thrilled that we live within walking distance of the school. 

The snow is gorgeous and we have out boots.  Bring it on!

Also, in case you were wondering, Java is doing very nicely after her day of oral surgery.  The vet had to extract three teeth and grind down some dental bone - yeesh!  She was wobbly when I brought her home, but oh-so-happy to be with her people and her familiar smells.  Today she is fine and over-the-moon to be fed luxurious soft, canned cat food.  I think she's going to get spoiled!

Have a lovely Tuesday!

2 comments:

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Julie, thanks for sharing your Season times with us.
Beautiful gingerbread house. Congratulations! It is so heartwarming to see your efforts to give your Magoo good things to remember when he was older.
Thanks and a great week!

Leandra Wallace said...

This brings back memories of a gingerbread house making class my hometown library used to hold every December. We loved going and mucking about w/all the candy and icing.