Thursday, December 12, 2013

Magoo's Acting Debut


West Hartford is such a lovely little town for so many reasons, one of which is their community theater, Playhouse on Park.  I smack my own hand in shame that I haven't seen more shows there, but I did get the joy was watching Magoo in his first acting showcase.

For nine weeks, Magoo has been going in and learning improv games, vocalization exercises, and how to create a character.  He even learned a monologue!


On Monday night, the young actors invited their parents in for a showcase, to show us what they've been doing.

I was certainly impressed.  The kids did a great job.  The teacher seems to be a perfect combination of craft and fun.  The kids were not overwhelmed with huge speeches.  And they each got a chance to shine.


If you're in the Hartford, CT area and what to check it out, here's the link to the theater.

I think Magoo was pretty nervous before the show - which is normal - and very brave to go out there and do his best.  It's such a rush!  And it's such a great way to set a small goal (a showcase), work towards it, succeed, and get a big reward (applause.)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope your holiday season has been wonderful so far!

No comments: