Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sugar Cookies and Snow


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here.  We had a lovely snowstorm last Saturday night - which meant Sunday morning was PERFECTO for making cookies.

In a perfect world, I would make batches upon batches of yummy baked goods for all my friends for the holidays.  But, since I have to cook and bake so much for my dietarily-challenged family, I tend to only get in a wee bit of holiday baking.

But some did get done.  The house smelt awesome.  Magoo was a fabulous helper (and he doesn't even get to eat these because they are not GF, Sugar-free, so bonus elf points for that.) And I got a few boxes of goodies out to my besties.


Then we hit the hill.


I really can't manage a superior sled shot.  I never quite capture the fun of it.  Plus, my hands were cold and I can't wear mittens when I shoot, so there are limited sled shots.  Just know this: good sledding was had by all.
 

This shot is nothing more than an illustration of my son's crazy long, snowflake-catching eyelashes that I would LOVE to have for myself!


The snow is supposed to melt over the weekend when it's going to be 60 degrees!  WHAT?!!?  So we'll have to try to squeeze more sledding in before then.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Wish I could send cookies to you all!

Julie 

1 comment:

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Julie!
Thanks for posting!
Your pictures with all this snow are lovely, here in Guarulhos city we are all suffering with hot days.
Great week!