Sunday, January 19, 2014

GF Sugar-Free BANANA COFFEE CHOCOLATE SCONES



A few weeks ago I was looking to make a scone that Magoo could eat and I came across a recipe for Banana, Espresso, Chocolate scones.  Mmmmmmm - right?

But as with all recipes, it needed some serious tweaking before it would fit into Magoo's diet.  So I tweaked.  The result came out good, but too wet.  Yesterday morning I retweaked.   I took away some liquid.  I added more flour.  Voila!  Yummy scone perfection!

And, because I've picked up a fun new hobby of making illustrated recipes, I decided to whip one up for anyone who wants to give it a go.

 
Click on the image.  It will enlarge.  From there - I think - you can print it.  (I should probably try it myself.  ...  OK, I just tried it.  I didn't really work.  I'm going to research how to attach or embed a printable worksheet into this blog, but I don't have the time right now.  What I would do is copy the image and paste it in Photoshop and print from there.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, just click on the original recipe below and tweak away.)

The original recipe can be found here on Food52.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Julie, thanks for posting and thanks for your lovely recipe.
I hope Magoo appreciates your efforts to offer him delicious baked goods he can eat.
Your illustrated recipe is beautiful, thanks!
Someday I am going to try it.
Congratulations!

Julie_c said...

Thanks Lucia -
Magoo is actually pretty good about appreciating things in general. I don't think he fully understands how much I bake for him, but he is always delighted when I do.