Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Picture Book Life: Caldecott Dreamin'


The Caldecott Awards for 2013 were announced yesterday.

I didn't win.  (Mwaaaaaa.)

I didn't think I was going to win anything, but a girl can dream.


Someday  ... ah, someday.

But, in the meantime, BIG CONGRATULATIONS to those who did win!

The Big Prize went to Locomotive, illustrated by Brian Floca.


And the Caldecott Honors went to:

Journey, written and illustrated by Aaron Becker and published by Candlewick Press



Flora and the Flamingo, written and illustrated by Molly Idle and published by Chronicle Books LLC



Mr. Wuffles! written and illustrated by David Wiesner and published by Clarion Books, an imprint of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company


These books all look absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to check them all out.  (I've already seen Mr. Wuffles and - like always, David Weiser is a master of illustration.  So much fun!  There's little aliens and an alien language.  It's wild!)

In the meantime, I am busy with my own projects.  One book is with the agent.  One book is almost with the agent.  And I need to start focusing on the book trailer for THE SIMPLES LOVE A PICNIC which comes out in April.  SQUEE!  It's coming up!

Thanks for stopping in!  Keep warm!



2 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Writers call this the Newbery-Diglbery syndrome. But where would we be without dreaming?

Becky Shillington said...

Keep those dreams alive, Julie! Congratulations to all of the winners! = )