Monday, March 31, 2014

Bad Blogger

I apologize.  I have been a bad blogger.  There's just been so much going on that I've been struggling to balance it all, and I'm afraid my blogging has fallen behind.

So here's a little catch up cheet-sheet.

Right now, this is happening.


Surprise!  A big, wet, juicy snow storm!

If it was a perfectly normal morning, I wouldn't sweat it because I'll just walk the boys to school.  But I had to drive the hubby somewhere this morning and I'm going to have to pick him up in about an hour, and I am NOT looking forward to that - at all.

Slip, sliding away.

But that's just this morning.  Here are some general things I've been working on.

My agent, Scott, has three projects of mine that he's shopping around.  He called last week and suggested some last minute changes to one of them.  So I'm working on that.

I have another project that we were shopping last year and lots of people liked it, but it just didn't click 100% with anyone.  I put it away for 6 months, and have just come back to it with fresh eyes and new energy.

I'm working on teacher worksheets for THE SIMPLES LOVE A PICNIC that I'll start posting on Teachers Pay Teachers starting tomorrow.  This is part of my marketing plan to get teachers interested in the book.  So far I have some fun pages: mazes, word search, and coloring sheets.  And I have some actual Core worksheets for K-1 of pronouns, prepositions, graphing, and sorting.


I'm on Twitter much more than I have been recently.  I'm starting to view it as part of my job.  I need to have a presence there so people know who I am and know about the book.  It does not come effortlessly to me, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

The book comes out April 8th, just a week away now, so I'm also getting ready to hold a giveaway on the blog.  There's a giveaway on Goodreads right now, if you want to try your luck over there.  But come back here next week, because I'm also going to have a grand prize!  Ooooo!

And in the world on Mom, I'm busy going to middle school orientations, school conferences, and working on the 5th grade yearbook, which is turning out to be much more of a time suck than I had hoped.

So that's what I've been doing, instead of blogging.  Sorry.  But I'll do better because at least I'll be able to post about the new free worksheets going up.

Have a great week!  Wish me well on the snowy road!







Update:  I just got back from picking M up.  It was nightmare driving, but I did it and it's over.  Phew!

No comments: