Friday, March 7, 2014

The Simples Love a Picnic: Art & Crafts

Hi all!  I've been very busy doing marketing things and preparing marketing material for THE SIMPLES LOVE A PICNIC which comes out next month.  (April 8th!!!)  Yeee!

On that list is peppering some images on Pinterest.  Of course, in order to do that, I need to put them on the web.  So I now present....da, da, dummmmmm:  some sneak peaks into THE SIMPLES LOVE A PICNIC.  (Click on the image to enlarge.)


This is the family when the first set off on their journey.  La la la.  Everyone has their job.  Everyone is happy.  Trust me, this won't last for long.


This is one of my favorite illustrations from the book.  For one thing, I too, am a little freaked out by birds.  I LOVE them, but I love them from afar.  I once had a roommate with a pet bird and I asked her "Will it fly at my face?" 

"No, no," she assured me. 

I think we all know what happened next; it flew at my face!

So I empathize with Lulu in this scene.  I also love the white bird in the foreground, the one who's looking at YOU!

I also made another trailer this week.  I made it on iMovie and it was more informative, like, I was in it and I talked about the book and what inspired the book.  That sort of thing.  I'm saving it until April so I have something new to bug everyone with, but I made some Simples dolls (Ben and Lulu) and I featured them in the trailer.


Java got in on the act too.  She's such a diva!


Someday I think it will be totally awesome to have a company make softies from one of my characters, but until that day, I am very happy to be able to make them myself.  Go sewing skills!

Thanks so much for stopping in.  I hope it's warming up wherever you are!


No comments: