Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Say Hello to My Little Tree

One thing leads to another.

I was so excited about my cute little felt food for my THE SIMPLES LOVE A PICNIC table display, but I felt like something was missing.

A sign.

I had originally thought I'd simply prop a copy of the book in back of Ben and Lulu, but they are large and it's a square shaped book (meaning it's not as tall as some others) so it would be hard to see.

Then it hit me - a tree!  I should make a tree!

Type A Julie:  But Julie, do you have time to make a tree?

Type B Julie:  I don't care.  It'd be sooooooo cute!

Type A Julie:  You'll have to buy some foam board.  $$$.  Plus, you'll have to go to the store to get some and you can't afford to lose any time.

Type B Julie goes down to the basement and finds an old poster glued to foam board.

Type B Julie:  I can use this!

Type A Julie walks away.  Type B Julie goes to Crafty-town.   (That is to say that I started crafting, not that I went to a craft store called Crafty Town, b/c that's a good name for a craft store.)

Here's how it went: Draw.  Cut.  Paint primer.  Paint tree.  Paint letters.  Done!



After I shot this Vine, I decided that the basket covered up too much of my tree and made it look like Lulu and Ben were sitting in front of a big green dot.  (Good thing I didn't buy the basket.)

Here's what it looks like sans basket.


I am absolutely sure that when I set this up on my table at Project: Read I will seem like the biggest over-achieving spaz ever - but I don't care.  I think it looks really cute.

And anyway, I am an over-achieving spaz.

Happy Wednesday everyone -
I hope you're having a good week so far!
Thanks so much for paying me a visit!


No comments: